Saturday, November 13, 2004

NHSO Concert Friday November 12, 2004


A number of DPMC parents and students were treated to the Russian Legends Stravinsky, Prokofiev, and Tchaikovsky under the enthusiastic direction of Kenneth Kiesler, conductor. Phenomenal soloist pianist, Michael Gurt brought the audience to their feet in a thunderous standing ovation at the conclusion of Sergei Prokofiev's Piano Concerto No. 3 in C Major, Op. 26. He treated his enthusiastic audience to an equally well recieved encore. After an intermission when I was able to purchase the goodies above, Kenneth Kielsler lead the orchestra through a breathtakingly beautiful rendition of Peter Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 5 in E minor, Op. 64, one of my personal favorites.
Thanks to George Reagan and the generosity of the New Hampshire Symphony Orchestra, I was able to get a front and center orchestra seat, a Kenneth Kiesler CD and a lucious box of Belgian chocolates for less than the regular ticket price of one SEAT !!! Above you see it all. In fact if I had known my wife wasn't going to share (yes she ate both of the missing chocolates) I actually could have bought TWO lucious boxes of Belgian chocolates for less than the regular ticket price!!!
I would have liked to post a picture of the concert, but of course no photography was allowed. If I could have taken a photo, you would see a wide angle shot of a Steinway concert grand piano. I have never been that close to a Steinway!!! Thank you George!!!!

Photo by Dan Arnold